My Make-up Tutorials

Friday 26 October 2012

MAC ProLongwear SPF 10 Foundation in NC42 and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark

 I finally got my hands on the MAC ProLongwear SPF 10 Foundation and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder!

I want to THANK my girlfriend, Sina who works at the MAC store in Vivocity. Thank you so much for helping me choose the right shade for my skin tone and type and for your time as well!


I have been wanting to get this for ages but wasn't too sure but I read so many reviews online and most of it were good reviews so I decided to try it out myself!



MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation retails for $59sgd and is available at all MAC stores.

MAC describes this as "A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless."

It comes in a glass bottle which I'm not really keen on. Wish it came in a plastic bottle. You won't have to worry about breaking it if it drops. 30ml in the bottle. What I really like is that it comes in an anti spillage lock twist cap. That is brilliant. You won't have to worry about spillage. One pump dispenses just the right amount. Not too much and not too little which is perfect!

Another thing which I liked was it comes with SPF10. Awesome if you're not the kind that wears sunscreen. Atleast there is some kind of protection for the face!

BUT USING SUNSCREEN IS SOOO IMPORTANT!!

 


I got the shade NC42 and it matched my skintone EXACTLY which i was SO HAPPY about! For StudioFix Powder, I am using C40 (just for reference).


NC42 is a warm golden shade. It has got yellow undertones to it which is perfect. I don't like when tanned colored foundations have that pink undertones, makes me look very ashy. Eeeww!


I pressed about half a pump onto my arm and you can see the color above. I blended it out in the below picture and it is practically seamless and natural.



Now I am gonna talk about the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder.

MAC describes this as "A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day."

I got this to SET my MAC ProLongwear Foundation and also as a touch-up.

This retails for $48sgd and is available at all MAC stores.


It comes in a normal pan powder packaging and there is 10g of products. Domed shaped. I just wished that there was a mirror attached so can see yourself as you're touching up.

The shade I got was MEDIUM DARK. It matched me perfectly as well! 


Medium Dark is a slightly tanned shade. Very natural looking warm color. Picture below is how it looks without the flash.


This is with the flash.


I was really EXCITED about it and I HAD to try it asap! I tried it on yesterday. I used my Smashbox Foundation Primer on my face and I applied the foundation using my Sigma F80. 2pumps for my whole face. You need to blend the foundation out really fast cos it dries quickly. Medium to full coverage it gives you, concealing all your imperfections, dark spots, redness as well which is GREAT!

Another great thing is that it does not feel heavy on your skin. It blends in with the skin smoothly. Doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation. Feels light and natural!

I set it with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish and damn I love it. It sets the foundation beautifully. Light coverage and it gives that natural-matte finish. I love it!

Is the foundation LONG WEARING? 
I wore it yesterday at 1pm till 10plus at night and it did not budge at all. It is super long wearing. How I applied is how exactly it looked 9hrs later. I did not even touch up at all. My t-zone one was abit oily after 4hours which was great! Normally after 2 hours, it would be oily. 

I have the tendency to sweat on my upper lip which is annoying but this foundation did not come off as I rubbed it with tissue.

Transfer resistant, YES!

Comparable with my Revlon Colorstay? YES!
I feel this shade matches me better and loved the whole fresh face look without looking too matte or heavy!

Check out below for the pictures after using the 2 products!



xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment